Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Well this is my first post. I came up with the idea of this blog from looking for super hero minis on eBay. I played and still own MechWarrior minis from WizKids. The drifted off into a lot of different games before Topps shuttered the doors. HeroClix was one of their really cool lines. Sadly, when I went to eBay I found that they are nearly as cheap to buy as my old MechWarrior stuff.

I like role playing games and Smilin' Jacks Bar and Grill podcast had a good idea of using minis from HeroClix. Good news for me is that they are not really expensive. Bad news is that it pointed out how often I get into a game on the decline. The games are bad but I just seem to come to them when they are on the downhill slide.

I know many people play games when the parent company goes away but it just felt really surreal when I was looking at eBay.

If you have games you play even after the company has gone away. Don't stop. Just because you cannot buy new add-ons does not remove the enjoyment you have in playing it. You might just have to look harder for someone who knows how to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment